This project is read-only.

Dynamic sizing for the right (content) pane

Topics: Help / Support
Feb 2, 2016 at 6:45 AM
Not sure if this should be classified as a discussion or an issue (probably more of a feature request): is it possible to dynamically size the right pane where the content of a conversation is shown? I can change the width of the Groups/Views and Threads panes, but not the right pane. On a large/high resolution screen, the middle pane has a lot of empty space whereas the right column is relatively narrow. Is there any way to change this?
Mar 4, 2016 at 6:36 AM
Hi tijmenvdk, sorry I didn't reply sooner. There was an issue with my CodePlex account that was preventing me from receiving notifications.

To answer your question, yes the pane can be made larger. However due to a limitation of the GTK library that I am using, I cannot easily provide a graphical interface for adjusting the size (such as the splitter control that you saw on the Threads pane). Instead, it would need to be a number that you write in the Settings.xml config file, maybe something like this:
<Display ChatPaneWidth="600" />
The number "600" would indicate the number of pixels for the chat pane. Are you still using Yamster? Do you want me to implement this feature for you?
Apr 4, 2016 at 8:04 AM
FYI this was implemented in Yamster 2.9.0. The Settings.xml option is called "ChatPaneWidth". It specifies the width in pixels of the content pane:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<YamsterSettings Version="1.2">
    <YamsterApplication ChatPaneWidth="380" ShowUnreadThreadCount="false" />
    <YammerServiceUrl>https://www.yammer.com</YammerServiceUrl>
    <Authentication>
        <AppClientId></AppClientId>
        <OAuthToken ProtectTokenWhenSaving="true">...</OAuthToken>
    </Authentication>
</YamsterSettings>
Marked as answer by pgonzal on 4/11/2016 at 12:49 AM